Drug Possession Bail Bonds
If you or someone you care about needs help with drug possession bail bonds in West Palm Beach, Miami, and Tavares, FL, call Atlantic Bail Bonding at (352) 742-2676. Our licensed bail bondsmen work tirelessly 24/7 so you don’t have to spend any unnecessary time in jail.
Drug Possession Charges in Florida
Florida is one of the states with the highest drug addiction rates in the U.S. Because of this, very strict laws have been enforced to help reduce drug addictions and control drug activity. Drug possession charges vary from a minor misdemeanor to a major felony. Many factors influence how harsh of a sentence will be carried out, including:
- The Type of Controlled Substance – There are hundreds of controlled substances in five levels or schedules depending on their purpose and addictive qualities.
- How Much You Possess – As you would imagine, smaller amounts of a controlled substance incur lesser charges than large amounts.
- Prior Record – Everything from previous drug possessions to violent crimes are considered and can dramatically increase your charges.
- How The Substance Was Concealed – This can play a role in whether or not you knew you were in possession of a controlled substance.
- Cooperation With Authorities – The more willing you are to cooperate with authorities, the more the judge may be willing to lessen your charges.
- Intent to Sell – Possessing a controlled substance with the intent to sell it definitely increases your chances of receiving harsher charges.
Your jail time and fines can vary significantly due to these various factors. Drug possession charges can range from 60 days in jail to 15 years in prison. Fines can range from as little as $1,000 to as much as $10,000.
Whether you receive a misdemeanor or felony charge, you don’t have to wait in jail for your court date. Contact one of our licensed bail bondsmen today at Atlantic Bail Bonding for help and support. We provide multiple finance options and decades of experience. Make us your number one choice for drug possession bail bonds in West Palm Beach, Miami, and Tavares, FL. Call (352) 742-2676 for 24/7 quality service!